The stock market has a lot of investors worried. You may be among those who are concerned that a near-term stock market crash could destroy retirement plans by sending the value of savings plummeting. When you’re getting close to retirement, a volatile stock market can be pretty unsettling. But if you choose the right investment mix and stay the course, there’s a good chance you’ll get through that difficult period with your retirement plans intact.
A period of instability doesn’t have to wreck your long-term plans. Here’s what you can do to secure your savings when the stock market gets wild.
Top Headlines you should have on your radar this week:
- More Americans retiring early to ‘enjoy the senior years’ following the pandemic
- How claiming Social Security at 62 could backfire on you
- 2022 could give social security checks their biggest boost in a decade
- Should you really delay Social Security? These questions can help you find the answer
- Nearly half of seniors expect to work after retirement — there might be a better option