As a dividend investor, you want a company that accomplishes two things. One, it should pay out an attractive dividend yield. And two, it should have stable earnings so that it can consistently make dividend payments you can count on.
Both these qualities are often found in real estate investment trusts (REITs). These are companies that pool together investor capital and use that money to invest in real estate assets. They allow ordinary investors to invest in real estate and grab a share of the profits, too. Because of their tax structure, REITs tend to pay out more attractive dividend yields than other companies.
Top headlines you should have on your radar
- You need this top dividend stock for your portfolio
- Dividend stocks to fund two decades of retirement
- Two stocks to buy with dividends yielding more than 5%
- Ten dividend stocks to buy according to a billionaire
- A-rated dividend stocks to buy for long-term gains
- Three dividend stocks to add to your portfolio right now