In 2018, the Pennsylvania-based software development company Bentley Systems, Incorporated acquired Alworx, the artificial intelligence company that provides sensor technologies and services for the industrial, aerospace, and defense sector. This year, BSY entered a partnership with Hyundai to build an intelligent modeling framework for steel and concrete structures based on artificial intelligence.
BSY has a market cap of $13.5 billion. The company’s GAAP operating income in the first quarter of 2021 came in at $55.6 million. Shares of BSY surged 21% over the past twelve months. On April 13, Keybanc kept its Overweight rating in Bentley Systems and raised its price target to $54.
BSY is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity as of late, which is generally a precursor to an earnings beat. Analysts raising estimates right before earnings is a pretty good indicator of some favorable trends underneath the surface for BSY in this report.
Investors are always looking for stocks that are poised to beat at earnings season, and Bentley Systems, Incorporated (BSY) may be one such company.
Top headlines you shouldn’t miss
- Four reasons why investors should avoid Tesla
- Solar stocks you need to avoid this month
- Travel stocks to continue to avoid this summer
- Electric vehicle charging stocks to avoid for now
- The most popular digital currencies and what you should know before you invest
- If you’re new to investing, here are beginner mistakes to avoid?